Tuesday, August 28, 2012

35 and counting....

                        

                         




“And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.”

~Abraham Lincoln

 
 
 
Yesterday, I celebrated my 35th birthday.   As it was approaching, I had this thought "oh my word, I am 35, the downhill slide to the big 40....where has the time gone?!?!" And, then my second thought was so what, 35, embrace it and roll with it!!!  Honestly, I had those 2 thoughts back-to-back.  I think that might be a sign of maturity or something like it.  :) 
 
I received so many sweet messages from emails, texts, facebook messages, and even snail mail(by the way...I love the snail mail, it is warm and fuzzy to open a note and a sweet message).  Blessed beyond measure with a wonderful family and the absolute best of friends from all walks of life!!  And, that was truly evident with all the serious and silly but loving messages yesterday.
 
I received a birthday text from a dear friend and I responded "thanks, and we are getting old."  Her response "yep, good thing we don't act old, because that would be BORING!"  I laughed out loud as I read it and then I had this thought.......her statement is so true.  Life is not about how many years we live but what we do with the years that we are given on this planet.
 
So, I am good with 35.  I am grateful for it and all that comes with it!!
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment