Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Heart wrenching, heart warming

So, I have debated for a while about responding to several issues that are going on in our country.  Several issues that are heart wrenching and very controversial.  I never want to hurt anyone, never. But, there is a time to share opinions and it can be done in a way that is not hurtful.  So, here goes(I think this will do my mind & soul good).

Recently, a young man walked into a Colorado movie theatre and starting shooting. There is no way to understand this, it is not humanly possible. It reminds me of evil, pure evil and that the devil is still hard at work, finding anyway to get into someone's mind and lead them to doing evil! And yet, the lawyers a wanting to plea "mentally unstable." Hmm, you think? It is so very heart wrenching to know that someone is so desparate that taking others' lives is their only answer!! After this happens, the topic of gun control gets underway.  And while I think that having a "machine gun" is very unnecessary, is gun control the answer?? I understand laws and permits. But, should we want all guns taken away? Is that the answer? Just something to think about....I am coming from a completely different perspective.  The one where 2 men broke down my dead-bolted door to steal my purse.  The one where those men could have done so much more, which scares me to death.  The one where now I know how to shoot a gun, hit a target, and defend myself and family if necessary.  The one that makes me feel slightly safer.....and so is taken the guns out of the hands of law-abiding citizens really the answer.....just my raw thoughts and nothing more.
The other issue is social media and the news media taking topics and interviews and twisting words to make headlines across the world.  The latest with the interview of the CEO of Chick-fil-a. His comments were regarding marriage based on biblical standards. His comments flooded the world and began a huge debate on what is a "traditional family." (Honestly, I think it was an interview where he shared his thoughts & beliefs and the media took it and ran).And while I know what I believe, I sat back and saw complete ugliness on both sides of this  debate. The whole time I was thinking this is not what Jesus would want, this is not the love that Jesus would want us to show each other. I read a blog from a girl that said it all made her want to crawl into her basement, I tend to agree. All of the ugliness & hate made my heart hurt. I completely understand stating what you believe but I do know it can be done in a much better, more loving way!
Okay, enough of the heart wrenching and onward to the heart warming......the Oylmpics are here!!! The Olympics are in London this year and I absolutely love watching, I have always enjoyed most sports but it is something special about the Olympics. Both boys have really been interested, they have asked tons of questions and we have had google tab on stand-by :) Mason tends to enjoy the swimming and running. Carson likes it all!! We have watched every night and seen so many heart warming stories.  It has been so wonderful to pile on the couch and talk about each sport.  My favorites are swimming, gymnastics, track & field, beach volleyball, white water, and swimming again because I am amazed at the records being broken and the USA being dominate!! Only a few more days and it will be four more years till it comes again. Carson has figured everyone's ages for the next go-around :) 
Ps: blogging from iPad is very different, please excuse grammatical errors, it would not let me fix it!!! Gotta learn more about it!

Happy Tuesday, beach & boat time!!






No comments:

Post a Comment