Saturday, August 11, 2012

a real boy

Just a few days ago, I look down the beach and I see Carson running.  He is chasing birds and then reporting which type of bird he thinks just flew away.  We have spent the majority of our Summer at the beach, but on this day I look up and I see him running and I see a real boy......

Real Boy definition:  broader shoulders, muscle defintion, growing 1/4 inch tall & gaining 7 pounds in no time at all, concern over hair and not wanting it to stick up, whispering to me about needing to go to the bathroom vs. yelling it, embarrassment over the little brother yelling about going to the bathroom, voicing his concerns about his appearance but still wanting to skip a bath!!!!!

So the last one will totally embarrass him and the truth is he really hates taking the time to wash his hair(the bath he does not fight).  He has not quite realized that when he asks EVERY night, my answer is always "YES, wash your hair!"  For any and all that know me and know me well....there is no skipping of daily bathing.  There are only 1 to 2 extenuating circunstances.

This is what I know without a shadow of a doubt:
Carson is a wonderful, amazing kid!!  He thinks of others, and truly cares about their feelings.  He has always listened well and been a great helper.  He is smart, in a scary kinda of "think outside of the box" kinda way.  He is a generous, thoughtful, determined little boy that worries way too much. He is an EXCELLENT big brother.  He has taught Mason more than I can type on this blog.  He is an encourager. But most importantly, he loves God.  He understands scripture, and he asks many questions about the bible and when the trumpet will sound.  He will also share what he knows with anyone that will listen. 

Carson is such a blessing, such a joy to be around and I could not be more proud and I am so very thankful God chose me to be his mom.

Now, prayers for me as he is growing into a real boy....broad shoulders and stinkiness and all :)

No comments:

Post a Comment