Friday, September 14, 2012

New School Year










A new school year in in full swing.  The boys are so very sad to see Summer come to an end, and I am sad too.  So I say to them: "all good things must come to an end...for now anyway."

Going and growing seems to be the theme around here,  Carson has grown 1/4 of an inch and Mason now gets us to measure him daily to see if he is catching up to Carson.  We now have a third grader and a kindergartener!!  Growing as I type this......I can see it!  They both have started this school year with an ease about them, and that is half the battle. 

 I have 2 children that seem to feel the need of perfection in a school setting and that feeling makes them a little nervous.  Carson has this tendency much more than Mason...especially when taking tests.  But, Mason's teacher stopped me and said that she sees some of that same behavior in Mason as well.  I am going give Tony more credit for that....I was very busy socializing at school and came home with more than one note for talking excessively...probably just 2 notes. ;)

On a serious note, Tony said something that made me think.  He said think about your mom working at the school where you teach.  That cannot be good, it has to be intimidating to know that your parent is down the hall.  I am not saying that it is true for our boys but Tony said he would have dreaded his mother being at school.  Just a thought.  Of course, always positive praise for all the good and a consequence for any behavior that we do not want repeated.  Both boys understand the consequences they will have to face for misbehavior.  Hopefully, mom being at school is never an issue.

  As always, I read a book to the boys before their first day of school.  It was a book about sibling bears starting school, the youger bear was starting kindergarten.  Half way through the story, my eyes begin to water a wee bit and I realized that I may not be able to hold back the tears.  I did well and held it back and then Mason puts his hand on my arm and says 
"moma, I am going to be okay tomorrow......it is just kindergarten, no big deal."  The water works began to flow in full force.......

this moma of these 2 boys is holding on to these precious moments, she is so very proud of the little people that they are.....





Living, Laughing, Loving every minute of it....even through watery eyes.






No comments:

Post a Comment