Sunday, December 11, 2011

Tis' the Season

It is the season of giving, and many are rushing around trying to find the perfect gifts.  A few days ago, I found myself anxious because I still need to buy for so many people.  I shared my thoughts with Tony and then it hit me....it is the season of giving but not just tangible gifts.  Yes, everyone likes to receive those types of gifts but what if we took the time to give other types of gifts.
This week I promised my Nannie that we would put her tree up and the boys would decorate it.  She was thrilled to know that we would come and do that for her.  Carson took it upon himself to be in charge of it and he unpacked the ornaments and quickly began. Mason put a few ornaments on the tree and then quickly ran over to help my dad pick up pecans.  But, Carson stayed with it and did a wonderful job.  My Nannie must have thanked us four or five times.  We sat and talked with her about nothing in particular, a little about the holidays, about traditions as a family, and about baking candy & Christmas treats.  This will be a memory that will never fade.
It has been upon my heart to visit a few elderly people at a local nursing home.  I want the boys to go and visit and bring candy to them.  I am not sure how they will respond, but I feel that it is important to take time to visit those elderly people that may not have family or the opportunity to leave....especially during the holidays.
Maybe just maybe if we can take a little time to give of our time than it truly could be Christmas all year long.....
A recent picture of my Nannie and  my Carson :)


No comments:

Post a Comment