Saturday, December 3, 2011

And the days go by......

Halloween and Thanksgiving have come and gone...headed swiftly into the Christmas Season.  My boys could not be more excited!!  Halloween was so much fun, both boys wanted to be a character from Star Wars....they LOVE the movie, characters and especially a live show at DISNEY!  So, we bought their costumes, and I thought we would be lucky to make it to Halloween night.  They wore them and pretended and swished and swooshed more each day.  We had a blast at the church's trunk or treat...lots of games, lots of freinds and family, lots of candy....fun was had by all!! Halloween night came and they were super excited to get more candy and spend the evening with family!

After Halloween, my boys were tired, naturally, but tired of the day-to-day routine of things and desparate of a break.  When I first found out we had a week off at Thanksgiving, I was disappointed in a shorter Christmas holiday and going till June.....but we needed it!  Being plagued with allergy/sinusitis issues(all 4 of us), we were ready for some "down time."  So, we made no real plans except for family time on Thanksgiving day.  We got up each day and did whatever we felt like doing.  Lots of home time, which is my favorite and a few play dates but all week was a very relaxed week for us...and very much needed!!!
We took down our Christmas decorations but did not put any up till after Thanksgiving.  I felt very strongly about not rushing into Christmas and enjoying Thanksgiving.  My boys drew pictures of what they were thankful for and my heart could melt each time they talked about their blessings.  At this very young age, they get it...they really do and they were very eager to share with the entire family!

Onward into the Christmas season, and we could not be more excited!!!  I normally take 2-3 days to complete my tree and decorations and Tony works on the outside by placing the lighted deer.  This year the boys made sure the decor was up and ALL completed in one day!!!  They made sure everything was perfect...we let the boys place the deer outside and decorate the tree inside just how they want it.  Mason made "families" with lots of the ornaments.  I would not have it any other way-ever!!  Carson is already discussing with Mason why we celebrate-Jesus and his birthday.  "It is not all about gifts, it is about Jesus."  Mason says "but the gifts are nice too."  There have been some precious moments with my little unit already and I am soaking it up! 

No comments:

Post a Comment