Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Sweet Little Sayings

For as long as I can remember, Tony & I have used words buddy, little man, or guys when calling our boys.  When loading the car, leaving a restuarant, or just getting their attention in general.  I never realized how much I say "come on buddy, get in the car guys, let's go little man."  But I must say it frequently because I have noticed that the boys are using it with each other, and with family & friends. Numerous times I have heard Carson refer to Mason as "buddy." He uses it in such a sweet way that will melt a heart.  Recently, Carson scraped his leg in a bike accident and I heard Mason say "It will be alright, let me get ya a band aid buddy."  He retrieved the band aid and sat with Carson untill all was better.  They are really so sweet to each other, so kind(not all the time but most of the time).  They love each other in such an unconditional way.

I also say "let's roll" when it is time to get in the car.  So, a few days ago we were headed out to meet friends and before I could say a word Mason said "let's ROCK!" And we all knew what he meant and we giggled and just walked out the door.

A few days ago, all four of us were in the truck hauling the boat to get fuel.  Mason says "let's always have this boat called a SeaFox.  Beacuse if we do, I can get the little barge"(small boat that Tony has used for years).
Carson immediately says "Mason, I am the older son and I will get the barge." I will grow up some and get married and I will get the barge to go fishing in."
Tony says "Married? Why you think you want to get married?"
Carson "DADDY, it is what you do....grow up, fall in love, and get married! It is what you did!"
Tony says "yea buddy, you are right.  I sure did!"

Enjoying my guys and the sweet things they say......

No comments:

Post a Comment