Monday, August 8, 2011

Surfing the Waves


Another week of fun in the sun has passed, and I am in denial that I have to return to work in the morning.  Mason has tried his best to surf, to "real surf" he says not pretend.  Both boys have enjoyed some new adventures this week.  Carson had a blast riding a tube yesterday...very thankful for patience while a seven year old boy gets comfortable on a tube.  I have more than enjoyed this Summer, I have tried my best to savor each moment.....this weekend was spent with family and friends.  There was no real agenda, a just "go with the flow" kind of a weekend and we all had a wonderful time.

As I stay very busy today, I remind myself that returning to work tomorrow will happen.  I am ready to see my co-workers, just not quite ready to give up the freedom that we experience in the Summertime.  The type of freedom that we can swim, read, fish, bike, and swim some more whenever we feel like it.  Tony tells me that there is a relaxation that comes with Summer that can not be felt at any other time.  I have to agree.  For our little unit, it is the best time of the year!!!

So, as I think about my guys surfing the waves I will think of returning to the school in a "riding the waves" kinda style.  There are new adventures to face each day and let's face it...I am gonna smile and go with it :)




No comments:

Post a Comment