Sunday, August 14, 2011

Here We Go.....

Tomorrow is the day, the begininng of the school year!  Carson will be walking to his second grade class and Mason to his 4K class.  I can hardly wrap my head around it!!  Honestly, I have been dreading it. We have enjoyed every minute of our Summer vacation(already planning several trips in August & September) and it is hard to say good bye to the wonderful relaxation that Summer brings with it.  But, yesterday I realize it is time.....time for more structured days, time for a little distance between my two precious boys, and time for learning some new stuff!

Mason is very excited, almost thrilled to begin 4K.  He like saying that he is going in 4K, I think it makes him feel "big."  Carson is not as thrilled, and I think it is because he is nervous.  He has asked lots of questions and I can see by his expressions that he needs the first day to come and go.  After the first day, all nerves will probably settle and all be be okay....fingers crossed :)

As a teacher, I look forward to a new year.  I will see some new faces and some familiar faces.  I hope and pray that all the children that cross my path will feel as special as they truly are....I hope my every action will be felt as genuinely as I intend it.  I try and remember that not all children have ate breakfast and that some children need a extra hug.  Ultimately, I want to treat these kiddos like they are my own.  I recently visited my elementary school(which happens to be the first school where I taught...WONDERFUL experience) and everyone there made me feel so good, so special!  Before I could get to the door, I heard my name and a huge hug came next.  As I walked through the door, teacher after teacher came to me and hugged me...really hugged me.  Lots of questions about me and my family came next.  A few special friends told me I MUST stop back by their room before leaving.  All of them made me feel loved!  A humbling, warm and fuzzy feeling came over me.  I miss each one of their faces!  So thankful to have worked there and very blessed to have made many more new friends too!!

So tomorrow and each day after, I hope that I can have a part in making everyone feel truly special ;)

HAPPY School Year!!

No comments:

Post a Comment