Monday, January 16, 2012

Just to be a mom.....

For as long as I can remember, I have had the burning desire to be a mother.  I have always enjoyed children.  Being around babies within my family & church, helping with the older children at kids church and having a sweet preschool class at Sunday School are just a few things I was always involved in because I enjoyed children so much.  So, after Tony and I were married a few years we started discussing children.  I knew that I wanted to complete my masters degree first and then we could build a house and settle in to begin our family. 
At that time, I had NO idea how all would play out in our lives. Everything was so easy, pregnancy and delivery was so very easy for me.  I truly enjoyed being pregnant and still am amazed in how in 40 weeks this little being arrives, totally dependent on you.  It was just such a natural step in a direction that would bring tremendous joy.  I have said it before and I have to say it again....I am so very BLESSED.  I am blessed beyond measure and I strive to realized this day in and day out.  The little things as a mom are the ones that mean so much to me.  I hope my boys will always know how much I love them, how much I cherish the little things in life, and  how I just want the absolute best for them.
The desires of my heart for these two precious children:
~to know GOD and that he sent his only SON so that we can have eternal life and only through HIM is that possible!
~to always put GOD first
~to know that they have 2 parents that love them beyond any words or measurements(for Carson-a billion gazillion times over and over)
~to live each day to the fullest, taking the time to breath in each moment
~genuine happiness, not materialistic happiness
~to surround themselves by people that want the best and bring out the best in them
~understanding the importance of being or doing YOUR best in everything you do
~to always know that we LOVE, LOVE, LOVE being their parents
One of my favorite things are random hugs, Carson is still young enough and Mason is a hug lover and giver....never enough hugs!!
Now that I look back, I would give up everything to be mom to these boys, nothing compares, absolutely nothing......

No comments:

Post a Comment