Sunday, June 19, 2011

Carson is ready to be a Second Grader!!

First grade has flown....and I have to say Carson is thrilled for the Summer but sad his year with Ms. Brown is complete.  He has grown and matured tremendously and we are so very proud!! He has done so well this year, but mature enough to recognize his room for improvement.  He looked at his averages on his report card and says "I know I can make that score higher."He reminds me of an adult, he reminds me of Tony.....
Tony and I have stressed to him to be a kid and not to worry about decisions/choices that he will face as an adult.  I have been concerned about his maturity lately....he understands so very much!  I just really want our child to be a kid, enjoy each moment as a kid.  So, we have had several talks with him and he has responded well.  But there are times when he still shocks me ......On a recent ride home from school, Carson had a "talk" with Mason about choices...."you are always faced with choices buddy, good ones and bad ones, it is your decision"
I smile as I hear this conversation I smile and I realized that I will not be able to change Carson and his way of thinking.  I will embrace it and know the world will be a better place because he is in it!
He is truly a great kid(and I know that I am partial), alway doing for others, always taking the time to explain things to Mason before I even get a chance, always striving to do his best.  WE are so thankful to be his parents.  I feel so blessed that I was chosen to be his mommie and I hope he always will know it!

                                                                    Last day of 1st grade :)
Carson with Ms. Brown(LOVE her).  It was his idea to get her a peach tree, "so it will grow fruit just like we grow."  I love this child so very much, love the way he thinks, his kind heart, and willingness to try & do his best at anything.  This year he shared with me that he wanted Jesus to live in his heart, so He can save me and always be with me.  Such an awesome moment to share with my little man.  My prayer is for him to always put God first! 

No comments:

Post a Comment