Thursday, November 11, 2010

Let there be Mason.....

Conversations in the car....

While in the car, I think my boys have the best conversations.  Most of the time they have tons of questions, and I do my best to answer them all(and accurately too)!!  No pressure!?!  Even though I have to admit, there has been a few times that I have responded "let's look that one up" :)

Today's conversation in the car
Mason:  Did God make the roads?
Me & Carson: Nope, God does not make the roads.
Mason:  What about the buildings??
Me:  Nope, God made the sun, moon, sky, grass, trees, animals, and water.  Man made the roads and the buildings.
Mason: Yep, moma.  You are right, but then God said "let there be Mason"

And, with a giggle I responded "yep, God created you and I am so glad that He let there be a Mason and a Carson."
But a few short minutes later, Carson stated this "You know, God created the earth and He has the power to destroy it too.  He destroyed the earth with a flood, and then made a promise not to destroy it with a flood again.  And, you should also know that God keeps His promises!"
Mason responds "But carson you do not always keep your promises."
Carson "yea, buddy you are right."
And, in that very instant, I realized that my 3 year old understands the creation and my 6 year old understands the power of God  :)
And for that, I feel very blessed!!

No comments:

Post a Comment